We are pleased to announce the annual Holi May Day Celebration is back, Saturday 6th May from 12 noon. So, put the date in your diary!
There will be opportunities to let your hair down and be carefree by taking part in activities like Holi colour throwing, dancing around the maypole, letting the kids free on the painting wall, and various other interactive arts sessions. There will also be plenty of space to take things slowly, listen to some relaxing music, and enjoy the company of your friends and family in a peaceful setting.
Things to look out for on the day include:
– Live music
– Holi colour throwing
– Indian dance performance
– Family friendly activities (inc. an interactive painting wall, face painting, and plenty more)
– A real ale bar
– Indian street food
– Beautiful gardens of The Green Backyard
– Contemporary arts performance celebrating Peterborough’s Neolithic standing stone (choreographed by Metal artists in residence Arianne Churchman and Chloe Langlois)
– Mural painting with resident artist Matt Booker
* Holi is a colourful and happy Hindu holiday, primarily celebrated in India on the last full moon at the end of the winter season.