To celebrate the culmination of De-Stress Fest 2016, we have decided to pay homage to Holi* and May Day with our own happy, colourful day of sharing and rejoicing in the beautiful habitat of The Green Backyard. Both Holi and May Day celebrate the arrival of Spring with all the hope it brings for good things to come in the coming months.
There will be opportunities to let your hair down and be carefree by taking part in activities like Holi colour throwing, dancing around the maypole and various other interactive arts sessions. There will also be plenty of space to take things slowly and participate in a variety of workshops, listen to some relaxing music, and enjoy the company of your friends and family in a peaceful setting.
Things to look out for on the day include:
– Live music
– Holi colour throwing
– Family friendly activities (inc. an interactive painting wall, face painting, sunflower sowing, seed bomb making, and plenty more)
– Traditional fun and games (inc. coconut shy, sack race, egg and spoon race)
– A real ale bar
– Good, healthy hot and cold food
– Cake competition (entries welcome)
– Stalls selling handmade and traditional arts and crafts
* Holi is a colourful and happy Hindu holiday, primarily celebrated in India on the last full moon at the end of the winter season.